Thursday, February 4, 2016

Hybrid sketches and ideas


Truthfully, Po's design and Wombats almost fit too perfectly together. Maybe because a wombat is more or less a mix between a bear and a gerbil.
The seahorse on the other hand I tried to think of how Nico does his dragons, which led me to focusing on spiky scales.


The first attempt at combining a wombat and a seahorse gave me a kind of teddy bear with armor. I kind of wanted to stick with the legs because of that lounging shot of the wombat in one of the tryout sketches that I love. So I bit the bullet and got rid of the legs to give him a seahorse tail. And finally I tried out giving him back his legs to float around while he swims in the water.
As a bonus I tried shading by having him find a magical orb of bright glowing light.

No comments:

Post a Comment